Do it for the insta! No wait! The ICE CREAM

With summer finally here, it’s officially time for ice cream. From Toronto staples like Summer’s to newer additions to the city, here are five of the best ice cream places close to campus — for ice cream that tastes as good as it looks.

1. iHalo Krunch (831 Queen St W)

Serving Toronto’s best black charcoal ice cream, this queen street joint offers four signature soft serves —  ube, matcha, vanilla and charcoal-coconut — in their freshly made, charcoal-infused cones. IHalo Krunch is definitely the perfect place for one of the most unique ice cream experiences.

2. Summer’s Ice Cream (101 Yorkville Ave)

Definitely a Toronto staple, Summers is ideal for a good old-fashioned cone of ice cream. Their birthday cake flavour is perfectly paired with sitting in the Village of Yorkville Park.

3. Fugo Desserts (205 Dundas St W)

Fugo is the perfect one-stop ice cream stop for a wide choice of flavours influenced by a range of cultures. A favourite is definitely the Cookie Monster Ice Cream.

4. Taiyaki NYC Toronto (128 Dundas St W)

Serving soft serve in cakes shaped like fish, this little store front is the perfect spot to try something new while you take pictures in front of their pink rose wall. Their taro slush in a unicorn floatie is definitely a highlight.

4. Milk Bar (190 University Ave)

Part of Momofuku, this New York staple definitely lives up to its hype. Started by chef Christina Tosi, Milk bar is known for its Cereal Milk Soft Serve. The birthday cake truffles and cookies, especially the blueberry cookie, sold here are also definitely worth a try.