10 reasons you should go to U of T

Mid-terms and exam seasons are dreadful. While you’re in Robarts contemplating your life choices, spare a minute to remind yourself why it is still worth cramming for!

1. Your future is going to be so bright.

It’s no Ivy League or Oxbridge, but it’s the best university in Canada – and 23rd best in the world! Your parents and relatives are proud, and it looks good on your resume. That’s why we are all here in the first place…right?

2. You become the better version of yourself here.

There are a lot of empowering moments at U of T. Perhaps it was when you finally memorized your ten-digit student number at the end of the year, or when you pushed through the snow and got to class when it was -40 outside. Cheers, I’m proud of you.

3. It always has your back when you need some space.

Can’t find a seat at Gerstein? Go to Robarts, E.J. Pratt, Knox, Kelly, Law, OISE…all around the campus, U of T has a variety of libraries for your selection. Don’t worry. You can always find that study space that you desperately need.

4. Because work-life is perfectly balanced.

Work-life balance is a big deal here. You even see the flyers in the bathroom. Most frat houses get lit every weekend, or you could also go to a nice club nearby for a night-out with your friends, let some steam off the stressful week. Of course, a safe and cost-efficient alternative is study-hanging at Robarts.

5. It polishes your LinkedIn profile

By the time you graduate, your LinkedIn page is not going to be empty. Throughout your journey at U of T, you obtain tons of key skills that increase your employability. These include speed reading, speed writing, efficiency working under pressure, stress, and crisis management.

6. It equips you with essential life skills.

Next time your TA shoots down the essay you wrote or when you are cramming and crying in Robarts for that test tomorrow (uh, like now?), think about the hidden lessons. U of T doesn’t want you to know…but it’s all tough love to get you ready for adult life.

7. Because you can study anything. Literally, anything.

Enrolled in social science but changed your mind? You can always start over with a major in computer science. But if you’re interested in a challenge, you can even do another major in Caribbean Studies, Buddhist Studies, and many more programs that look lovely on your CV.

8. Because campus is beautiful.

Remember the moment you fell in love with the campus during your tour that one summer? Thinking about a picnic on the front campus or a stroll with your boo at Queen’s Park? It will happen someday when it’s neither freezing cold nor too muddy.

9. U of T keeps tabs on your physical health.

We get a good work out at least once a week. Got a class back to back? You have ten long minutes to go all the way from New College to St. Mikes. If you run fast enough you might even manage a bathroom stop!

10. Because we’re all proud to be here.

Let’s be honest. It is a complicated love-hate relationship we have with this school. But at the end of the day, we all share a good laugh whenever someone mentions Ryerson.