Six unique restaurants in Toronto

Toronto prides itself on being an extremely multicultural city, and with that assertion comes the effects: we are littered with amazing food options here. Now, I’m not going to talk about the standard cuisines of some countries – such as Italian, French and Lebanese –which are universally praised in every major city around the world. Instead, this list will showcase the six best restaurants from underrated cuisines.

Check these places out if you are looking to take advantage of the multiculturalism of this great city!

1. Tuk Tuk Canteen: Although somewhat similar to Thai food, this Cambodian joint will give lovers of Thai food great exposure to a plethora of new flavours.

2. African Palace: A great Ethiopian and Eritrean restaurant, which showcases the many flavors and unique cuisine of the Horn of Africa.

3. Cookie Martinez: Although not massive in geography, this place is massive in personality, from the lovely owner to the beautiful and vibrant colors. This is a must-try for anyone who loves Latin-American cuisine – especially those who love arepas.

4. Vos Restaurante Argentino: Argentinian steak is something everybody should try. Period. Popular around the world – especially in parts of Europe and Latin America – this spot is a must for anyone looking to try something new in Toronto.

5. Royal Myanmar Restaurant: From the interior of the restaurant to the food itself, this place screams traditional and it is perfect just the way it is. Located in a very unassuming area, this restaurant will provide you with great traditional Burmese meals.

6. Borrel: Although a prominent nation, The Netherlands has never really been able to bring their cuisine to the forefront in outside markets. Borrel tries to change that as they provide great Dutch comfort food and creative cocktails.