Five shows to binge on Netflix if you have already given up on the semester

You’ve come back from your winter break and are ready to jump right back into months of hardcore readings and assignments, perfected sleep cycles, and a fresh new laundry schedule for yourself. Alright…this may not be a total reality, but one can dream right? While starting a fresh new semester of school may be exciting, sometimes we feel like we just need to sit back, relax, and type that seven letter word that permits us to escape to another world: N-E-T-F-L-I-X. Yes, that’s right.

If the new semester jitters and workload is hitting you hard, not to fear! The top five TV shows to binge watch on Netflix is here!

Gilmore Girls

Queue Carole King’s “Where You Lead.”

Welcome to the wondrous world of Stars Hollow where the characters are fresh and the coffee at Luke’s is hot and ready to go! From 2000 to 2007, the dramady’s heartfelt characters make the experience all worthwhile. Together, this sensational TV show has captured pretty much every aspect of life; from relationships, ambition, friendship, education, romance, and a never endless supply of witty and referenceable Instagram captions. They’ll make you laugh, cry, and smile all at once, so that by the time you hit season 7 you’ll be asking yourself where all that time went.

RuPaul’s Drag Race

Get ready to dance…for…your…LIFE! Step into a world of glamour, spice, and everything nice with these fabulous Queenz. From Naoimi Smalls to Trinity Tailor, these Queenz did not come here to play and will not sashay away. You don’t just ‘watch’ RuPaul’s Drag Race, you become inevitably enchanted by the fabulous world of spanx, incredible makeup, unforgettable fashion, and irreplaceable Queenz that makes the experience more than worth-your-while. Do it. Put on a face mask and treat yourself to a night of binge-watch worthy entertainment because hey, “If you can’t love yourself, how the hell are you gonna love somebody else! Can I get an amen up in here?”

The Office

Nuf said.

Gossip Girl

Ever doubted the nature of your friendships and relationships in your life? Give yourself more credit and watch some Gossip Girl; nothing can get more complicated than the ups and downs of New York’s Upper East Side elite. No matter how many times you’ve binged watched this series, every time you do the content just gets juicier and juicier. The lies, the scandals, the complicated relationships that honestly make your own love life drama feel like a blessing, all of it is just fantastic. So, what are you waiting for? Wrap yourself in your coziest blanket, pour yourself a glass of champagne with some chocolate strawberries and launch your heart into the juicy and heart-wrenching world of the finest of the finest.

— Xoxo, Gossip Girl.

Friends

There’s a reason why it didn’t pull a stunt and leave Netflix in 2018 — we need them! They’ll be there for youuuu! Friends is like good ol’ Dominos Pizza: its been around for ages, is loved by everyone, and most importantly, you don’t know what life would be like without it.

You honestly can’t write a list of binge-worthy Netflix TV shows without including the most notable of them all. So here we are. Rachel, Ross, Phoebe, Joey, Monica, Chandler and, of course, Gunther are people that you can always rely on for a smile, a laugh, a couple tears, and ongoing happiness. These guys check all the boxes! The quotes, the witty chat-up lines, the apartment goals and, not to mention, a theme song that will always be Saturday night Karaoke goals, these characters have guided us on how to live our lives for the past 22 years; with a group of people that make us happy and a little laughter. So if you’re not binge-watching Friends then are you even doing Netflix properly?

So there you have it my fellow readers. Netflix has become a portal of 21st century entertainment that has provided us with these gems of shows to keep us smiling. But the list doesn’t end here. There’s a world of more TV-shows out there waiting to be blessed with the presence of dedicated binge-watching. This list is just getting us started.

One thought on “Five shows to binge on Netflix if you have already given up on the semester”